Georgetown, Texas is a small city located in the heart of Texas’ Hill Country and just north of Austin. Known as the most beautiful town square in Texas thanks to its preservation efforts and home to Texas’ oldest university, Southwestern, the city has become a great place to visit for a day, a night or more.
The Sticky Wicket
Though Georgetown has built a thriving downtown square, created a vibrant culture for the arts and offers miles of green space for exploration, they still can’t seem to shed their retirement community persona. Wanting to capture a younger demographic, we worked with local officials to develop an ad campaign that could successfully portray them as Austin’s hip little sister.
The Awesome Sauce
- Anything but Square campaign materials focused on cheeky headlines and big, impactful photos.
- The Visit Georgetown website has increased new user visits by 50 percent year over year.
- Page views for the Visit site have increased 25 percent since 2013.
- In the year since launching Google remarketing and retargeting ads in November 2014 for the Holiday Georgetown site, Visit Georgetown page views have increased 361 percent.
- Site sessions have increased 459 percent since implementing Google ads.