Alpha Omicron Pi is an international women’s fraternity founded in 1897 at Barnard College, which was the first college in New York — and one of the first in the nation — to offer women the same educational opportunities as men. The four Alpha Omicron Pi founders were ambitious in their educational pursuit and have inspired more than 191,000 members to join their mission of enriching lives through lifelong friendship.
The Sticky Wicket
Focus groups confirmed that the Alpha Omicron Pi brand was “old and dated” and no longer embodied the energy of current members. The organization is full of vibrant women, and the brand lacked a dynamic, cohesive identity. After a full internal and external audit, the Alpha Omicron Pi leadership determined it was time for a complete brand overhaul, including a new logo, tagline, business system materials, website and promotional videos.
The Awesome Sauce
- The new brand subtly connects the history and ritual of the organization and recognizes the significance of a lifetime commitment to Alpha Omicron Pi.
- Sub-brands for Alpha Omicron Pi Foundation and Properties were designed to ensure a cohesive brand identity across all entities of the organization.
- Condensing the website content and integrating the new brand aesthetic created a clean, easy-to-navigate and responsive site.
- Within 15 hours of sharing the promotional video on Facebook, the video was viewed more than 85,000 times, had 1,900 reactions and 1,200 shares.
- R&R was invited to attend the 2017 International Convention to unveil the new brand in front of 750 members and host educational sessions for Alpha Omicron Pi board members, advisors and chapter presidents on how to use the new international brand at the local level.