How Quarterly Rocks will Help us Define our Year.
When I told the team that I was going to write a New Year’s blog, the age-old topic of resolutions arose. Do we? Don’t we? Does anyone even follow through? Have we ever followed through? Does anyone even care? Well, from our conversation, it sounds like the answer to those questions depends on the individual.
Our office is filled with hard-working, goal-oriented go-getters, so when we put our minds to something, we make it happen. But no one has actually called the goal or idea a “resolution.” We have, however, thanks to our Accelerator groups and the book Traction, started talking in terms of Rocks, or more specifically, Quarterly Rocks. So instead of writing down resolutions, I’m going to share with you the Q1 Quarterly Rocks that we’ve created to keep R&R moving, shaking and growing. Plus, now that I’m writing them down, I expect each and every one of you to hold us accountable to these goals.
Quarterly Rocks – Q1
According to Gino Wickman, the author of Traction, the act of developing — and more importantly, following through — on Quarterly Rocks will help a company define their priorities for a specific quarter, unify everyone’s objectives and ultimately achieve greater long-term objectives. Sounds impressive, doesn’t it? Well, impressive or not, we’re hoping that the goals below will keep us honest and on-track:
- Website revolution: Our brand, our culture and our values are staying the same, but our website? It’s getting a makeover.
- Process made easy: We design and build marketing materials every day, but you don’t. So we’ll be making our process easier, better and more fun for you.
- Implementation of Q1 marketing plans: We have a lot of big ideas floating around the shop on a regular basis, but sometimes time and planning get in the way of bringing them to fruition. This quarter we’re changing that. Plans are in place and ideas are going to become reality.
- Six new clients: We love welcoming new friends to the R&R family and if more than six want to join the fun, we’d love to have them.
- Referrals & Rewards: We want to work with your friends, seriously. They say birds of a feather flock together and since we really like you, we’ll probably really like your friends, too. This quarter we’re kicking off Referrals & Rewards as another way to enjoy some R&R.