This is a big year for Rhyme & Reason Design, not only do we officially become an office full of 30-somethings, but we celebrate our fifth year in business! Saying goodbye to our 20’s is going to be a bit painful – we had some great times. However, saying hello to five years of business bliss may ease the transition to a new decade.
In honor of beating the odds (according to the Small Business Administration, 50 percent of small businesses fail within the first five years) our new year’s resolutions are going to focus on building the foundation for our next five years.
- Celebrate good times! Here’s to five years, amazing clients and great partners. We’ve been very lucky and it’s important that we continue to acknowledge the accomplishments.
- Learn from the failures. It’s true we’ve made mistakes, some of them worse than others, but the important thing is that we don’t make the same mistake twice.
- If you can’t fight it, flaunt it. Originally an inside joke, this mantra should continue to serve as a wonderful reminder that authenticity and understanding of who we are and what we stand for as a company will lead to success.
- Plan for the rainy days. In business and in life, there are good days and then there are the no good, very bad ones. We have to be prepared for both.
- Get out and smell the roses. Whether it’s smelling roses, lacing up sneakers or detaching from technology, taking a break from the daily grind is necessary to health, happiness and business survival.
- Create beautiful designs and smart solutions. It’s the foundation from which we started and the one we will continue to live by.